From 6 pm until 2 am in the morning, the 'Long Night' offers students and doctoral candidates at Eberhard Karls University the necessary time and space to work together on their current writing projects, to resume texts that have been put on hold or to start new work; and this regardless of their respective discipline and regardless of whether it is a seminar paper, bachelor's, master's or doctoral thesis, a laboratory report, an experimental protocol, a paper, etc.
The students are supported and accompanied by the writing advisors and tutors of the Writing Center as well as by numerous advisors from the administration, the various departments of the university and the university library.
Other offerings during the digital 'Long Night' include:
- Digital kick-off
- Writing consultation (via video conferencing)
- Short impulses and moderated exchange rounds
- Interactive ILIAS room
- Livestream with lightning impulses about scientific writing
- Writing groups
- Digital Escape Room
- Exchange and networking with other writers
- Relaxation and re-mobilization program provided by the university sports department
For more information about the event, visit the website at uni-tuebingen.de/de/225132; for information about the Writing Center's mission and other offerings, visit www.uni-tuebingen.de/schreibzentrum/.