If you intend to join the Graduate Training Centre of Neuroscience for your doctorate, you may apply throughout the year (there are no firm application deadlines). To be eligible for the doctoral program, you must hold a MSc-, a MD- or an equivalent degree. Copies of all credentials must be validated. Transcripts or degree certificates issued in languages other than German or English must be accompanied by an official German or English translation. For detailed information on the application procedure, see 'Guidelines for Prospective & Active Doctoral Students', in particular Part I.
Your application requires the following documents and credentials
• Form ‘Application for Admission’ (download)
• Curriculum vitae
• Certified copy of degree certificate (Urkunde)
• Certified copy of transcript of records (Zeugnis)
• English language proficiency test (waived under certain conditions)
• Two letters of recommendation (one from past, one from future supervisor)
• Supervision Agreement for Doctoral Candidates (download)
• Proposal of an 'Advisory Board'
• Doctoral thesis proposal, including timeline (see below)
Structure of doctoral thesis proposal.
The doctoral thesis should be outlined on 3-5 pages and address the following points:
1. Introduction to the scientific topic
2. Status quo of research field – own preliminary work
3. Goals and methods applied – work schedule and timeline
4. Statement that the necessary funds, the infrastructure and the set-up’s are available
Send your complete application package to the following address
Graduate Training Centre of Neuroscience
International Max Planck Research School
72074 Tübingen - Germany
The receipt of your application at our office will be confirmed by e-mail.
You may also hand in your application in person to Dr. Petya Georgieva (by appointment only - address as above).